I have the same exact system and had the same exact problem a year ago. I sent it for repairs as it was under warranty. They said they cleaned the system and upgraded the bios. Did not have the problem after it came back. Now the system shuts down only when watching videos. Used Speedfan to check the GPU Temperature and looks like the GPU temperature is spiking when watching videos. Not sure what to do about that except replace the graphics card.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please read the rules, No thread Hijacking.

As for your problem, check the GPU fan, it maybe stuck. if there is no Fan, check the heatsink.

I had this problem, try this for a quick fix:

Right click 'My Computer' and click 'Properties' Click the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Settings' under 'Startup and Recovery'.

If 'Automatically Restart' is ticked, untick it.

If this doesn't work or you already have it unticked, I had an issue with a bad stick of RAM causing my computer to shut itself down, try removing your memory sticks 1 by 1 and test it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.