i have a dell optiplex gx1p mid tower. 433 mghz pentium 3, 256 megs of ram. had win 2000 wiped the h/d w/ a killdisk, then when i tried to load xp all lites on & i beep when the black screen appeared. it showed lanwork technoligy co. bios revision a-10. then displayed the following list DHCP mac add 00 C0 4F 41 BC 16, DHCP ...../spinning PXE-MOF: exiting PXE below that was stike F1 to reboot or F2 for setup utility. this repeats same on reboot. i'm wondering if i need to use a startup disk w/ my xp cd. i don't know if there is something wrong w/ my bios. this pc worked fine before i wiped it clean. this is a self-booting diskette & sats to set bios to boot from floppy. this i did. can anybody shed some lite on this problem. i' greatly appreciate it. i use this pc for my bussiness use at home. thanks david!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you need to setup windows so press that f2 key to get the windows xp setup utility. :-)

It sounds like your BIOS settings were changed to boot from a LAN connection as indicated by teh reference to DHCP and the MAC address. Go into the BIOS on your computer and set the boot devices to boot from the CD-Rom drive first and then the hard drive second. Once that is done you should be able to boot from your Win XP CD.

It sounds like your BIOS settings were changed to boot from a LAN connection as indicated by teh reference to DHCP and the MAC address. Go into the BIOS on your computer and set the boot devices to boot from the CD-Rom drive first and then the hard drive second. Once that is done you should be able to boot from your Win XP CD.

sh*t i forgot to mention changin that. thanks for mentioning buggz;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.