I hope you don't mind rookie posts, but that is what I am.
I want to add a 200 gig Maxtor HDD to 2 existing 30 gig Maxtor HDDs. I am running XP Home SP 2 ( Atapi.sys version 5.1.2600.2180 ). I have an Asus a7v133 MB w/ 2 ide channels and 2 ata channels. Each 30GB is currently on its' own ata master w/ the ide channels housing my burner and dvd player.The 2 current disks are in 5 partions and both ntfs and fat 32. I have a 400 watt power supply.I would like to copy the boot drive to the new 200gig and make the 30's storage.
My questions are:
1) Do I need to update my BIOS if I use the Maxtor Big drive enabler ?
2) What is the best use of my 4 channels ? Masters, slaves, etc cable select, ?
3) What are the advantages / disadvantages of 2 file systems ?
4) Is my power supply adequate ?
5) Will my os from the 30 copy to the 200 ?
6) Do I need to change my Bios due to the added HDD or is that automatic ?
7) Should boot sequence still be A drive, CD drive, and then HDD ?
8) This is the first updating I've done in 41/2 years, do I need to call MS due to XP ?
If I need to provide any other info let me know. I appreciate any and all assistance.