ok i am going to buy a tv tuner card but i would like to know more about pci cards befor i do.

1) if you have a PCI card in a computer on a network, can another computer on the network also watch tv through that card?

2) can you unistall PCI cards and then install them into a different computer later?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1) if you have a PCI card in a computer on a network, can another computer on the network also watch tv through that card?

Unless the software supplied with the card provides such a feature, then no, not easily. I imagine you could setup some server to stream the video from the tuner to clients on the network, but I wouldn't know where to start.

2) can you unistall PCI cards and then install them into a different computer later?

Yes. I'd be in up in arms otherwise!

does anyone know of a good card that can stream the video over a network? ideally in the $50 to $100 range

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.