i am using airtel broadband line, tera 100u adsl modem. suddenly an Error message stating "0x000000D1 (0xEBA1CA30, 0X00000002,0X00000000,0XB7BC0F8B) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is displayed. when i restart the machine i could browse for another half hour and then the same blue screen error message. sometimes even while browsing the modem link light gets off and i receive message "adsl modem not responding". kindly help me.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Go to the website of your graphics card and get the new drivers it should fix it. I had this problem and i just downloaded the new nvidia drivers and never had the problem again. Let me know if it helps

Go to the website of your graphics card and get the new drivers it should fix it. I had this problem and i just downloaded the new nvidia drivers and never had the problem again. Let me know if it helps

i had already installed the graphics driver. now i reinstalled it and it is not the solution since even now i get blue screen errors.

do you have an AGP graphics card? this is probably a long shot but i have heard quite a bit about them going bad suddenly. Sorry i dont have more to offer...

Was that the full text of the error message? Other text in the message would help identify the problem.

0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

is an error which can relate to many issues, including software ones. I've even seen suggestions that if such a problem is consistently encountered and recurs even after a hard drive format and fresh install, the use of a 'Zero Fill' utility to remove all traces of previous data from the hard drive can be useful.

But most commonly, this error relates to memory modules which are in the wrong slots or which are incomapatible either with each other or the motherboard (cheap, generic RAM modules are notorious for this) or to a power supply unit which is delivering poor or fluctuating voltage levels (again, cheap, generic units are notorious for problems.)

If it's a sotware cause, look to drivers first. If you have drivers which are not WHQL certified, uninsyall them and use Certified versions instead. If you have software which uses software drivers to act as virtual devices (Antivirus and other security software often does this) disable it and see if the problem is corrected. Some of the Symantec auto updating software can cause such poblems under certain circumstances, for example. (Replace any such software of course)

Video card drivers very rarely cause blue screen errors. The manufacturers QC test it with the windows OS before releasing the drivers, else its bad for the video card manufacturer's business.

Its prob some other software you installed that resulted in incompatibility. Try a system restore, if that don't work then test your RAM. Faulty RAM causes blue screen errors.

hoe to disable cache and shadowing?

change ur RAM. u have 2 RAM means. Remove one Ram and try it. it happens only RAM problems

change ur RAM. u have 2 RAM means. Remove one Ram and try it. it happens only RAM problems

hi newbie poster ,welcome to daniweb please check dates on threads you want to help with ,this one was last posted to in April 2008 thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.