Okay, new set of problems:

Computer will not boot. It will power on.
There are two lights on the front: power and computer activity
They both come on when the power is turned on. I have fixed this before, but I don't remember how.

Any one help me?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Okay, new set of problems:

Computer will not boot. It will power on.
There are two lights on the front: power and computer activity
They both come on when the power is turned on. I have fixed this before, but I don't remember how.

Any one help me?

I had this problem also, when i bought a new hard drive. Connected the hard drives and windows wouldnt start up. Just the lights flash on. I learned that if the hard drive is not connected properly that it will not boot. Same thing with the ram, if its a wrong type it wont boot up. Try and see if this will work.

check the power plugs on your drives. i bought a cheap case at a trade show for 27$ w/ a 300 watt psu and free case fan and the power supply was nothing but problems. the pluags wore out and I ended up buy a nice 100$ case at a local computer store with a 400 watt psu and free lighted case fan. plus it had other lights that came with it to. also check and make sure your CPU is pluged in along with your RAM (random access memory). Moral of my story? don't buy cheap PSUs or cases buy the good stuff it lasts longer and you'll have less problems

I know that the problem seems simple, but let me rephrase it.
It was a working computer. No one had done anything to it (or so I am told).A teacher went in to turn it on and it was just powered on for the entire day, no boot. Not even a POST. It just idles. I know that no one has been in it because I am the only one that can get into the computers and I had not touched that computer in a LONG time.

Are you sure you put the IDE cables in right? Be sure to connect the master with the boot drive and the slave with any other HD or CD-rom. And always be sure you put it in good.

undefinedundefined

I know that the problem seems simple, but let me rephrase it.
It was a working computer. No one had done anything to it (or so I am told).A teacher went in to turn it on and it was just powered on for the entire day, no boot. Not even a POST. It just idles. I know that no one has been in it because I am the only one that can get into the computers and I had not touched that computer in a LONG time.

Were you ever able to resolve this problem...I see it was a long time ago, but I have the exact same problem & was just wondering if & how you were able to fix it. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.