My Inspiron 8000 won't boot up. The Inspiron flash page with "press F2 for setup" and 'press F12 for boot page, comes up and then just a cursor. The flash page won't respond to the F2/F12 keys and the blank page that comes up after the flash page won't respond to any key strokes.

I was able to get the IDE HDD diagnostics to run using Ctl - Alt - D but no reaction to F2, F8 or F12.
When the HDD diagnostics ran it displayed the following:

Primary IDE
Drive 0: IC25N020ATCS04-0 Pass 00
Secondary IDE
Test Complete
Press <Enter> to reboot.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.

My Inspiron 8000 won't boot up. The Inspiron flash page with "press F2 for setup" and 'press F12 for boot page, comes up and then just a cursor. The flash page won't respond to the F2/F12 keys and the blank page that comes up after the flash page won't respond to any key strokes.

I was able to get the IDE HDD diagnostics to run using Ctl - Alt - D but no reaction to F2, F8 or F12.
When the HDD diagnostics ran it displayed the following:

Primary IDE
Drive 0: IC25N020ATCS04-0 Pass 00
Secondary IDE
Test Complete
Press <Enter> to reboot.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.

Maybe try reinstalling your os, maybe put the disk in & hold the c button down during reboot. Hope it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.