Just bought a GeForce 7800 GT from EvGa. I love it. I highly recomend this card easily instalation, no software problems, no adjusting just run it.

BTW I have been playing it with Age of Empires 3. Can finaly play it on highest settings. Anyone else know how to overclock this card?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I sure wouldn't overclock a brand new several hundred dollar piece of silicon (Why? It's new, it doesn't need it and you're voiding the warranty), but if you insist, here's a guide.

Just wanted to know. Wasnt thinking of using it for this card but I have a laptop with an Intel GMA 900 and wanted to know how to overclock it because the graphics are pretty much horrendous.

Just wanted to know. Wasnt thinking of using it for this card but I have a laptop with an Intel GMA 900 and wanted to know how to overclock it because the graphics are pretty much horrendous.

Heh heh, then I'm afraid no amount of overclocking will help you there! Onboard video is not the type of thing you want to be using for 3D gaming.

Alright thanks for the info. Is it possible to build your own custom laptop. I am trying to find the line in between quality hardware and heating issues.

I believe you can, but it's best to specify a custom configuration with a reputable manufacturer.

On the other hand, you shouldn't buy a gaming laptop. The added expense isn't worth it and you're rather limited in any upgrade path. Stick a with desktop for gaming and use the laptop for work.

If you wanted to max it out, and risk OC, why didn't you just get the GTX?

Because although I am very flexible in my spending im not spending $460 on something that will be a lot cheaper in a few months. Besides I feel that his card is fucking awesome as is.

thanks for helping not

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.