Happy New Year Everyone!!

I have a problem with my daughters laptop, she tried to power up her laptop but failed, she told me that the battery had failed, so i tested the battery, had little power (1% of 100%) which indicates that the battery is dead, the problem is chargin the damn thing :( I can boot the laptop up but it beeps saying low battery and the sleep led lights up, got into Windows XP HE, and pulled up the battery info in control panel, and to my surprise NO AC Connected, I have read posts that say you can run the laptop on ac only, but when i put power via the ac adapter nothing, so i tested the ac adapter and it has a healthy 20.2VDC at 6A,

Anyone got any suggestions on the possible cause, as this has all her course work on for college.... :sad:

Cheers All!

well sir what u can do is try booting up the system with any other power supply.

there may two parts in the ac adapter i am not sure about urs normaly there is a brick shaped plastic in the middle with a wire going to the power socket and the other going to ur laptop now in many laptops these power cords can be detached so please check out both of the parts as i have a strong feeling that there is something wrong with the power supply.

there may two parts in the ac adapter i am not sure about urs normaly there is a brick shaped plastic in the middle with a wire going to the power socket and the other going to ur laptop now in many laptops these power cords can be detached so please check out both of the parts as i have a strong feeling that there is something wrong with the power supply.

thanks for replying to my problem will try your sugestion, will let you know the out come, thanks again :p

Hi there

Did you manage to solve the problem? I am having a similar problem and am convinced that it is a mechanical problem - the power jack is not connecting properly to the machine. If I fiddle around every now and then I get a connection but it isnt reliable. I want to get the motherboard out so that I can check and maybe resolder the connections but dont know how to get the board out...

Any ideas.

Regards
Ken

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I have a problem with my daughters laptop, she tried to power up her laptop but failed, she told me that the battery had failed, so i tested the battery, had little power (1% of 100%) which indicates that the battery is dead, the problem is chargin the damn thing :( I can boot the laptop up but it beeps saying low battery and the sleep led lights up, got into Windows XP HE, and pulled up the battery info in control panel, and to my surprise NO AC Connected, I have read posts that say you can run the laptop on ac only, but when i put power via the ac adapter nothing, so i tested the ac adapter and it has a healthy 20.2VDC at 6A,

Anyone got any suggestions on the possible cause, as this has all her course work on for college.... :sad:

Cheers All!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.