Hello everyone,

I purchased a T22 a while ago and it was running perfectly fine until I needed to reinstall Windows 2000. I formatted the drive, installed Windows and all the IBM drivers from the website as well as updated the BIOS.

My computer has 512 mb of extended RAM installed. Only occasionally will the computer recognize all of the RAM. I have my computer BIOS set up in daignostic mode so it checks all the hardware before booting the OS. When it starts up it recognizes only 255 MB of extended RAM 80% of the time. Win 2k recognizes the same amount of RAM that the diagnostic tool recognizes at start up.

When the computer recognizes the full 512 mb of extended RAM it runs really well for a little while but eventually crashes. I either get the marvelous BSOD or the system freezes up or it suddenly restarts then won't load the OS.

I presume that the computer stops recognizing one of the 256 mb RAM modules while running and this is causing the crashes. What I want to know is if this is at all possible to fix. I never had this problem before I had to reinstall Win 2K Pro so I don't think it is a problem with my hardware. Both modules work and both slots work.

I have read many articles on the IBM website and done many Google searches but have been unable to find a solution to this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sorry if any of this is at all unclear. I've been up most of the night with this and am in need of a good cup of coffee.

Take care,

TBS

RAM slot solder joints are the issue... Easy repair..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.