First time it happened is descirbed in that thread. Now it's done it again yesterday, had been on for about half hour, i put it to sleep for an hour, woke it up and used it for a couple hours and boom. Off. No warning, no shutdown nothing. Like i pulled the battery out.
Overheating would sound right. The fan is not obstructed and i've hoovered it (gently). I'm on it right now. It's under warrenty still, thing is, this is my second laptop from curries (the first they took 4 months and THREE returns to figure out they couldn't fix it. Advent that was). So i'd have to phone up the same call centre.. now they really screwed me around, either deliberatly did not enter my details right or deliberatly gave me wrong job numbers (2 jobs and about 5 or 6 phone calls went "missing"). so phoning them is a last resort. Plus they'll tell me to format it :@
So how can i really tell if it's over heating and is there any self-way of fixing it? Or should i bail and phone them?