Bit of an old problem this one, but it's only starting to affect the computer now, with what software now requires. About 2 years ago I upgraded my computer with an AMD athlon XP2000 Processor and installed a MSI 745 Ultra Skt A motherboard to run it, the motherboard claims to support up to 2000 for an AMD Athlon. However the computer information states that the processor is just 1.25GHz and am pretty sure that BIOS states the same thing.

Is there anything I can do to improve the processor's speed and possibly use it to its full capacity?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't know if this helps but I've got a 3400+ Athlon64 and I know I can vary the processor speed in my bios, maybe you've got something similar on yours. If so perhaps the default settings are set to 1.25GHz. If it's 1.25GHz processor I don't think you can go above that. If your RAM isn't maxed out you could always add more to improve your system performance.

How about adjusting FSB? I am only used to Intel stuff so far, but due to MaxPC magazine's budget computer build up, I'm after the MSI board they used in the January issue to build up a more potent PC, I think the processor on that will out perform the specs you have
-B

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.