:mrgreen:
Well. I've been all around the web trying to troubleshoot and figure out what the heck i've done wrong here. But this site seemed to be one of the better places to go ahead and register for.

I recently ordered 2 512 DDR400 sticks of Ram to switch out with my current 2 256 sticks of DDR400 ..
( 420w Power supply, Um, a 120g HDD, Geforce vid i'm blonde give me a break =0 )
So i unplugged everything, Grounded myself and switched them out. When i went to test the ram, The computer won't turn on at all. The fan and the light i have installed inside it turn on for a moment and then go off in the blink of an eye.
So i put the old ram in. Made sure i didn't bump anything, etcetc. Still wouldn't boot up.
So i figured it was something else. I've been all over websites tryingto find a solution to my problem.
Please Help me out, If you have any ideas i would really appreciate it.
As of right now, Its all hooked up but nobody's home. Computer grinch anyone? :(

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You might go back inside the case and check the connections from the power supply, it sounds like you may have accidentally unpluged, or have a bad connection between the motherboard and the PSU. Let us know what you find please.

You might go back inside the case and check the connections from the power supply, it sounds like you may have accidentally unpluged, or have a bad connection between the motherboard and the PSU. Let us know what you find please.

Well guys, We figured out what the deal is.

The origional Corsair DDR400 Value Pack (2 512 Sticks of Ram) Ordered from www.newegg.com were bootleg.
When i inserted them, they blew 6 of the capasiters on the mainboard. I called Corsair to find out if there was any problems with this ram in the past, The serial number on the RAM didn't exist. I was informed that this is bootleg.
I would advise all of you to be very careful when you order ram from Newegg. I trusted them until now - I've emailed them today letting them know that what they are selling isn't corsair and im getting new ram to replace it (Hopefully.)
What really stinks is i had to buy a whole new motherboard which i ordered from newegg as well..
i'm a little worried that my mainboard is gunna be bootleg too and just breakdown.

www.newegg.com Corsair DD400 Value Pack
= The bootleg

New Mainboard= Asus Socket 478 800FSB
/prays..

Well guys, We figured out what the deal is.

The origional Corsair DDR400 Value Pack (2 512 Sticks of Ram) Ordered from www.newegg.com were bootleg.
When i inserted them, they blew 6 of the capasiters on the mainboard. I called Corsair to find out if there was any problems with this ram in the past, The serial number on the RAM didn't exist. I was informed that this is bootleg.
I would advise all of you to be very careful when you order ram from Newegg. I trusted them until now - I've emailed them today letting them know that what they are selling isn't corsair and im getting new ram to replace it (Hopefully.)
What really stinks is i had to buy a whole new motherboard which i ordered from newegg as well..
i'm a little worried that my mainboard is gunna be bootleg too and just breakdown.

www.newegg.com Corsair DD400 Value Pack
= The bootleg

New Mainboard= Asus Socket 478 800FSB
/prays..

very interesting...thats the first time i have ever heard that one. I always trusted that ram from newegg too...i will have to consider that in my next purchases. Thanks!

I'm having the exact same problem; when I try to turn on the pc the LED fan light turns on for half a second and the fans just start to spin, then everything stops. At first I thought it was the power supply, so I swapped the motherboard into a brand new case and different power supply, but still the same thing. After that I thought maybe it was something with the CPU, so I took it out and put it in my other pc and it works fine. Next to eliminate all other variables, I unplugged all the pci cards, hard drive, etc connections so that all that was left plugged in was the cpu, ram, power supply to the motherboard, and the power switch cord from the case to the motherboard. Still, the same problem. So I took the RAM out and tried to turn it on, and still the same thing, so I figured it was the motherboard.

So I ordered a new motherboard and cpu and hooked it all up in my new case with the new power supply, and it's doing the same thing!?! The only common variable between the 2 pc's, besides the hard drives is the RAM, but it does the same thing even when no RAM is in the pc. So now I have 2 completely separate pcs both doing the same thing. So I thought it might be something with my surge protector or power outlet, so I tried them in different outlets in a different room, and still the same thing.

I'm going to try the RAM in my pc which is still working and see what's happening. I don't think it's the same problem as the one above though, because my pc was running fine for months and it just started happening out of the blue; I hadn't been in the case in quite a while. I've also double checked the power switch cord from the case to the mobo to make sure it's on the right pins, and they are on both pcs.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.