Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H.
Processor: intel Core i5 2.8GHz
Power supply: Maximum 400Watt.
no external graphics card.

my pc hangs after 10-15 mins after boot up. after i cut down power i touched the north bridge and it's too hot.
i have no experience with hardware, so i dont know what to do......
Now i am using table-fan to use my pc!!!....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Best advice I would suggest is that if your North Bridge is getting too hot, invest in an internal fan for it. Measure what size the heatsink on their already is, and buy an appropriate sized fan to go along with it. You would be able to hook it into one of the MOBO fan points, if not get a molex adapter for it to hook directly into your power supply.
If your NB doesn't have a heatsink on it already, get a miniature chipset heatsink and fan combo (available widely online and in PC shops).
If either of those do not fix your problem then get back in contact with us here and we can think of what else could be causing these 10 minute shutdowns. Although it very much does sound like an overheating issue somewhere along the line.

Best advice I would suggest is that if your North Bridge is getting too hot, invest in an internal fan for it. Measure what size the heatsink on their already is, and buy an appropriate sized fan to go along with it. You would be able to hook it into one of the MOBO fan points, if not get a molex adapter for it to hook directly into your power supply.
If your NB doesn't have a heatsink on it already, get a miniature chipset heatsink and fan combo (available widely online and in PC shops).
If either of those do not fix your problem then get back in contact with us here and we can think of what else could be causing these 10 minute shutdowns. Although it very much does sound like an overheating issue somewhere along the line.

Thanks a lot for the advise.
But i still have warranty for my motherboard, so i was thinking taking it back to the shop and have them repair it. do u think it's a good idea or should i just buy a cooling fan and adjust it?

If it is still in warranty, definitely worth taking back to the retailer for them to examine in. MOBO's shouldn't overheat! They will offer to repair it, and if they can't they have to replace it with a brand new one. If they repair it in store, make sure to test it before you leave to make sure the problem is fixed.

Hi , I suggest ensure that you have a rear case mounted fan installed and is working (may not be plugged in due to an assembly fault) - this will remove heat saturated air from the case and so ensure all mainboard heatsinks, including the chipset, can work as designed.
Heat saturated air in effect becomes an insulator
If your case has an air inlet filter - ensure is not blocked by dust
I also think serunson's suggestion of adding a chipset heatsink fan is a good idea as well

replace the fan.. it'll get better.

replace the thermal compound

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.