Hello! I recently just built a computer with an atx style motherboard, I bought the coolermaster v8 heatsink but the screw holes are not spaced appropriately for it to screw in right, it work alright just sitting on top of the processor with the computer on its side, but i really want it to be attached to the motherboard. The brackets coming off the v8 come off and I was wondering if maybe I could buy ones that work for this type of spacing? I attached a picture of the motherboard

Thankyou!!

The picture you attached seems to be a stock shot. Looking at a picture of the V8 from the web it comes with an aftermarket back plate. This backplate requires that you remove the standard plastic plates as seen in the screen shot you provided around the cpu socket. Once removed you can install the backplate and then securely mount the V8 heatsink/fan.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions please let me know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.