I've moved from one apartment to another...Before the computer was working fine...after I moved it won't start...no beep...it is completely dead...
I've checked the connections...everything OK...
I've checked the power supply...OK...
I've checked the ON/OFF buton...OK...
I have 2x512 RAM and 2x1048 RAM...
Does somebody have any ideea what else I should try, or what could it possibly be the problem...?
Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

1- Check your power supply properly,and check your power is 110v or 220v,

2- Remove your both Ram and clean the dust and put it back as it is.

3-check your mother board

you mean your pc not start. so plz check the cable of power button. or you can unplug it and try to start it manually by connect those 2 pin by any thing. check the power cable of mother board.

I had a similar problem last time i moved, it was my power supply, it had totaly crashed for some reason .

//K0ns3rv

1- Check your power supply properly,and check your power is 110v or 220v,

2- Remove your both Ram and clean the dust and put it back as it is.

3-check your mother board

The power supply has a green led on...I've hardwired the green cable together with a black cable and the fan of the power supply started working and the same did the dvd-rom...so I assume the power supply is OK...
I've checked the Ram's...I have 4 pcs...It's hard for me to believe that all of them went out so sudden...
I've checked the cables...they all look OK...
What else can it be?
Why the BIOS doesn't start loading? I don't understand why everything is dead...nothing moves...
Should I buy a new RAM and try to see what it happens or it wouldn't make any difference...?
Can it be any problem with the processor or with the motherboard?
Thank you!

you can check every thing in other pc of your any friend. then you can find out what was corrupted.

So it doesn't start att all nothing right ?
My first guess if the power supply is okay is the motherboard, because the cables that connect to the start buttom origins from the motherboard, quite obviously if the motherboard isn't functioning nothing else will

//K0ns3rv

Does the cpu fan start when you jump the psu? Have you tried a cmos reset by removing the motherboard battery?
Seems like something may have got shaken up during the move.
I doubt that the RAM is the problem.

I have similar problem with my IBM desktop ThinkCentre.

I did the following troubleshooting:
reset CMOS by removing battery
replace PSU
replaced RAM
replace HD
replaced IDE cable

The PC boots up with power light turn on along with HD light.
POST screen doesn't show up. I test same pc on different monitor but POST screen doesn't show up. I can't even boot to BIOS.

Can someone help me ?

picard12 have you tried the function keys to force the computer into boot menu ?

I have similar problem with my IBM desktop ThinkCentre.

I did the following troubleshooting:
reset CMOS by removing battery
replace PSU
replaced RAM
replace HD
replaced IDE cable

The PC boots up with power light turn on along with HD light.
POST screen doesn't show up. I test same pc on different monitor but POST screen doesn't show up. I can't even boot to BIOS.

Can someone help me ?

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
You have piggybacked an old thread and you should have started your own. If what I suggest here will not help you please post back starting your own thread whit many more details about your machine, OS and problem. Any lights, noise, action.....
I assume that when you say "replaced", you mean removed or disconnected and reinserted or reconnected.
If you have a separate video card, remove it and plug directly into your motherboard and try that. If that works it is either your PC slot or card. If still not working, remove all your RAM, clean contacts with a pencil eraser and replace only one stick and try. If no good try a different stick (or the same stick) in another slot and try again.
Good luck...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.