Latley for the past week i have had to reset my router because i wake up in the morning and see that the internet connection has been disconnected for some reason. It just happened an hour ago and i went the the event view and saw this in the warning messages.

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 002556953F3B. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired.. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

Also when i play my xbox 360 the game i play lags alot and the modem "green lights" are blinking constantly without a pause or break. Is this like an example of modem overload or what? I am using a cable modem and a comp usa broadband router. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'm having trouble with my modem, I've had it working before but had my computer in storage for a while and now it doesn't want to work. Yes, it's plugged in and I've tried moving it to different ports but nothing. My telephone works thru there so I don't believe the modem is broke. I've read some problems that other ppl have had and tried them but still doesn't work. When I go to Modems, Diagnostics, and click More Info..it says, "Could Not Open Port". I've also looked and there's no question marks or exclamation points next to the modem and there is only one installed. I'm using Windows 98 and have a Packard Hell computer.
I have another tower that won't even turn on, I mean the power comes on but nothing will appear on the screen, that one is a Compaq, Pentium II 300 with 64 MB.
If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know. I'm going nuts without my own computer!
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modem and it still didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

What router and modem are you using? It can also be some parts in the router that is going faulty. Disconnect your modem from the router and try connecting to the modem using the ethernet cable for two days. See whether your problem occur if not that means your router is having a problem.

I just bought a new router and everything works fine...think the other one crapped the bed

Some parts in the old router might be failing thus causing the problem. Glad that your problem is solved:)

commented: thanks +1

Do marked this thread as solved, thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.