Hi i just regitered.

No, it not the beep codes! When letting my CS 1.6 Dedicated Server runnning for a good amount of time it will freeze, what ever is on diplay on the monitor will deform, and just beeps for like "di do di do di do" and soo on for 5 minutes about + the speakers only make a screeching sound. Now i am running on a 600Mhz celeron, 256+64 mb of RAM 20 Gb HD.I found this Hunk of junk in the garbage, could it be the battery thing? Ok, after the beeps and freeze it wont shout down by holding the front button. and i dont have a rear swith soo i have to inplug it. :/ . Soo i replug and press the button, Fan runs then "di do di do" soo i turn it off this time by holding the fromt btton. Soo i let it of for the day and restartit. Works it. but after a period of time it all just happens again!!!

Help me!!!!!

-Mitch

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Short continuous beeps mean bad power supply which is why computer freeze and doesn,t turn off, replaced you sure be good to go.

Really??!! Thx a bunch but... i already replaced the power supply. From the on the that i found in the garbage with the computer to the one that my old computer fried with a static lol!!! Soo ur saying both are bad? and sure @ 100% i need to replace it?How much that $? just a defauly cheap wotking power supply?

-Mitch

Really??!! Thx a bunch but... i already replaced the power supply. From the on the that i found in the garbage with the computer to the one that my old computer fried with a static lol!!! Soo ur saying both are bad? and sure @ 100% i need to replace it?How much that $? just a defauly cheap wotking power supply?

-Mitch

try different ram memory

No.no they all wotk i got 2 of them (256+64mb) they work my computer detects s'em.

No.no they all wotk i got 2 of them (256+64mb) they work my computer detects s'em.

try dropping the 64

Actually, the ambulance sound beep & shutting down can also mean overheating - check your cpu & graphics card temps, to make sure they aren't too high!

-Matt
Quick PC Repair (Serving San Diego, CA)
www.quickpcrepair.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.