Is there I way I can have the rear speakers(where I have 2.1speakers) and front (where i attach my headset) working simultaneously?

I tried connecting the headset to one of the rear jacks as front speakers but it didn't work.

The speakers have a jack for headset (Arctic Sound 2.1 s362) but when I connected it there .. bass kept coming out of the Subwoofer and from the headset only treble came out.

I am assuming that there is some possible software options which I don't know of.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by skilly

It depends, but basically you can do that. What is your operating system? What are you doing to configure your audio output?

It depends, but basically you can do that. What is your operating system? What are you doing to configure your audio output?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and am using an onboard soundcard. I have the Realtek HD Audio Manager software installed. I don't understand why the rear is muted, and it is really boring having to connect and disconnect the cable from the jack each time.

If you right-click on the sound icon in your docking bar, and select "adjust audio properties", then you should be able to go to the "Audio->Speakers" tab and setup the speakers as you prefer. At least this is what you do with XP (I don't have Win7), although I expect Win7 has similar controls. If that doesn't work for you, I expect to get a Win7 system later this week for my new job, so I should be able to determine if there are changes to what you do to get the other speaker port to work properly.

i am also very interested in how to do this,

i have thought about installing one of the extra PCI sound cards i have, but it just seems like it would be a waste of time...

is it a waste of time?

i am also very interested in how to do this,

i have thought about installing one of the extra PCI sound cards i have, but it just seems like it would be a waste of time...

is it a waste of time?

You would probably have to disable one of the cards. I use the HD card that came with my Intel motherboard, and I can switch between front and back, or bluetooth device, as necessary, at least in my Linux system!

i use windows7 and i have found what i was looking for(sort of)
control panel->hardware and sound->sound->playback tab
select a playback device and click properties
select custom tab
there are 2 checkboxes:
'switch line-in to rear output' and
'switch mic-in to center/LFE output'

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.