I own an i Omega 1TB Ext.HDD...the problem lies in the fact I can neither copy to or from my Ext. Hard Drive...virus scans were in-effective...

almost 95% of the file gets copied and when the time remaining is 5 seconds, copying stops..copy window halts as it is...

Plzzzz help!!!!!!!!

I own an i Omega 1TB Ext.HDD...the problem lies in the fact I can neither copy to or from my Ext. Hard Drive...virus scans were in-effective...

almost 95% of the file gets copied and when the time remaining is 5 seconds, copying stops..copy window halts as it is...

Plzzzz help!!!!!!!!

Maybe your HDD has not enough space available? What OS are you using?

I have 673GB of space available...m using Windows 7 Ultimate OS...

I have 673GB of space available...m using Windows 7 Ultimate OS...

Ok, and which files are you trying to copy then? Maybe the files are protected for copying?
And what happens at the 95%, the window freezes, or you get an error message?

Format your HD directly or from the Command Prompt

Format your HD directly or from the Command Prompt

That doesn't make any difference from formatting it using the GUI I think? Still, a good idea, as your HDD may be damaged?

I am trying to copy files of .avi format mostly...n d files are not right protected...
i don't think the hard disk is damaged...'coz had this been the case, I wouldn't be able to access or read any of the files already present in it. Maybe Bad Sectors in the HDD, but definitely not Damaged Disk...

The window automatically freezes....

The window automatically freezes....

Try copying your files to the HDD in smaller pieces.
If the copying-windows freezes, you are able to determine if it may be due to a corrupt file that can't be copied to the HDD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.