So I recently bought a new vid card...
xfx Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card to replace my Geforce3 Ti somethin or other....

My mobo...IntelĀ® Desktop Board D865GLC
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d865glc/index.htm

From the specs it seems to be able to support the card...I have a 512 RAM, 480W psu.

Yet whenever i cut the power on to the machine it sounds like its booting up, it boots up fine if i reinstall my other vid card, yet my monitor stays in the "power saving" setting. in other words nothing shows up on the monitor. Im not sure how to tell if it is indeed some compatibiility issue or if i got a bunked/fried card from newegg.

Any advise, assitance, or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

Peace
E.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

check your bios settings and settings/reset them to default. Also, make sure you have the newest bios, chipset, and graphics drivers installed first.

Nice card btw...ive got the 6600gt too :)

check your bios settings and settings/reset them to default. Also, make sure you have the newest bios, chipset, and graphics drivers installed first.

Nice card btw...ive got the 6600gt too :)

Ive checked the BIOS...the only video options i have are either PCI or AGP...I ofcourse choose AGP. AS for drivers for my chipset and newest bios....anyway you could give me an idea of how/where I can find such? Thanks for the help!!

PS: yeah...im very excited to try out my new card. got ti for a decent price and cant wait to play some of the games ive been forced to play at low settings. But, ARGH!!, i was soo disappointed when I couldnt just plug and play!

So ive installed the new 480w psu, ive updated my bios and chipset, and all still to no avail. I do notice that a red light comes on when i try to boot my machine up with the new card installed. What exactly is this light for/mean/etc...? Im sure it means something isnt working as intended..the question now is what...any ideas?

I just recently tried installing my new Geforce 6600 GT vid card...My mobo is a IntelĀ® Desktop Board D865GLC, I have 512ram and a 480w psu. Ive deleted my old vid drivers, upgraded my bios and installed new drivers for my chipset. Ive checked the bios and have it set to agp....Yet whenever i have the new card installed I get nothing on my monitor like its not communicating with it.

When i reinstall my old vid card everything works great other than the horrible graphics that are now displayed

Any how...when I have the new card in everything sounds normal, no weird beeps or anything...BUT a red led light on the bottom portion of the mobo stays on. Not sure what this means or if it would give me any indication of what is going on internally. Any ideas, thoughts, words of wisdom.

I just soooo wanna try out my new vid card

Many Thanks in advance!!
E.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.