Hello guys!

Need your hardware expertise. How to disabled the windows setup [EMS enabled] i cannot continue formatting because of this booitng option. thanks in advance!

br

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Is it a laptop or a PC?
What windows version are you trying to install?
Why are you trying to install? Are you trying to get a different OS on or did the previous one fail? If it failed, any idea why?

We need more info in order to help.

Is it a laptop or a PC?
What windows version are you trying to install?
Why are you trying to install? Are you trying to get a different OS on or did the previous one fail? If it failed, any idea why?

We need more info in order to help.

its a Samsung N150 plus note. Im changing any os i just wanna format it to clean everything. But there is a problem when booting because of that windows set up [ems enabled]

try this .assuming the OS you want to replace is still working ,and providing its in the boot list
go to Run type "msconfig" go to boot tab and delete it from the box in that tab.

giving its a netbook you are working with ,what are you using to install the new OS, a usb thumb drive or a usb dvd rom ,you might just need to go to the bios and select the install device as first boot device
when i google all or most of the info on Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] pertains to windows server 2003

if you are erasing everything and you're sure you do not want anything and have all the drivers when you format you can either go to bios F2 and change boot sequence to have cd as first boot in the order and nowdays you can hit F12 on boot and will give you the option. the Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] should never be seen for a format operation.

im experiencing the same problem! I format my system and when reinstalling Windows 7 I got a message "windows set up EMS enabled". Thats the only option there, when I click on it the process start over. If i ignore it nothing happens. What should I do? Please help! Thanks

im Suffering the same problem! I format my system and when reinstalling Windows 7 I got a message "windows set up EMS enabled". Thats the only option there, when I click on it the process start over. If i ignore it nothing happens. What should I do? Please help! Thanks

I've been having a similar problem. Trying to install Windows 7 on a Windows Vista computer. Vista was running fine but wanted to upgrade it, which should be simple. I've done the same thing countless times on other comuters without a problem. So I put the Win 7 install disk in the optical drive and the install fails while windows was "installing files". Ran all the system checks to make sure there was no problem with the optical drive, memory, etc., and the install still stops mid stream telling me there was an I/O error. I can only think it's beause of the [EMS ENABLED] note on the "boot from disk" screen. Research tells me the EMS designation has to do with a machine that's set up as a server...which this one was not, and I haven't yet figured out how to change that. Is it in BIOS? If so, where, and how do I get to it?

@Jim. I went through this on a Vista laptop but you buried your post. Top post please and avoid necroposting.

I'm new to this @rproffitt. How do I top post and what is necroposting? Sorry for the probably silly questions.

@Jim. At the top of the page of https://www.daniweb.com/ right after "Ask us a question" is the entry boxes for a new post.

Please Google like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+necroposting%3F

(Internet) To post, as on a forum, to revive a long inactive discussion thread. [ 2003 January 5, Louis M. Brown, Usenet, alt.tv.star-trek.enterprise [1] Much like your power of necroposting a thread long considered dead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.