I have a Nvidia GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU display card. Today I decided to update the drivers, which is now something I regret because when my daughter plays her online game ToonTown the computer will restart when she gets too much graphics going on at once. Someone told me that if I update the drivers that will help. Well the drivers I updated were apparently the wrong ones and it deleted my previous display drivers. I have tried several differant downloads for older versions of the drivers and nothing has helped. I messed with the display to get my regular windows to look normal, but when I open my daughters game the graphics are all scrambled looking and the colors are wrong. I don't want to have to do a system restore so does anyone have any suggestions for me? Please help!! I'm on Windows XP Home Edition. Thank You! :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Whats so wrong with a system restore? You wont lose any of your files or anything. I think it is the easiest option you have.

Whats so wrong with a system restore? You wont lose any of your files or anything. I think it is the easiest option you have.

are you sure i won't lose any of my files? i have over 15GB of music on my computer

If you do a system restore by going to the start menu-> all programs -> accessories ->system tools -> system restore you will not lose any of your files. The only thing it fixes is programs and drivers. It leaves all of your files intact (it even lets you know that it wont touch any of your files with a pop up box). All you need to do is choose a date 1 before you installed the drivers and you should be on your way :)

Best of luck,
nizzy1115

If you do a system restore by going to the start menu-> all programs -> accessories ->system tools -> system restore you will not lose any of your files. The only thing it fixes is programs and drivers. It leaves all of your files intact (it even lets you know that it wont touch any of your files with a pop up box). All you need to do is choose a date 1 before you installed the drivers and you should be on your way :)

Best of luck,
nizzy1115

ok thank you so much i did it and now my games work perfectly!!!!!

ok thank you so much i did it and now my games work perfectly!!!!!

Awesome to hear! Thats what where here for :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.