hi

all of a sudden and without any tweaking or anything of the sort, i can't print anything on a previously perfectly good printer, and i get a message asking me if i want to install a printer.

the driver is installed, i've checked that, and i've tried adding the same printer again in control panel but i get this message;

'operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running'

Is this some sort of port problem?

as i say, before the printer was working just fine and to my knowledge i haven't altered any settings

i'm running windows xp, with a dell colour printer 720.

grateful for any help

hetixo

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hetixo

i have managed to get past the print spooler problem but now when i try to re-install the printer i get this message in hardware wizard;

'an error occurred during the installation of this device. the specified print monitor is unknown.'

i must admit i'm stumped. the device manager is saying that all the usb ports are working correctly, the driver is installed and whichever usb port i try i get the same message.

accourdnig to your printer problem, try to remove the driver and install again, and u can remove it complety from : start --> Settings --> printer and faxes --> File--> Server properties, and then choose the printer driver and remove it. now you can install your printer again and it will work.

i have desktop computer that i want to share it to a network printer but its responding that the printer driver cant be installed because the file is already exist.
if any one knows what can i do to be able to share this printer this would be appreciated.

thank you.

i've re-installed everything and i'm still getting the same error message.

hello hetixo
what about trying to repair your windows, i mean to re install the windows again, not formatting your pc.

hmmm. i don't think i'll try that! have had a technician look at this problem and he couldn't work it out. have installed another printer instead and that works fine. Hey Ho!

go to start ---> run ---> and type in "cmd" . hit enter.

after that type "sc config spooler depend= RPCSS" that exact way. make sure all of your spaces are right, etc.
that should fix the problem.

hi

all of a sudden and without any tweaking or anything of the sort, i can't print anything on a previously perfectly good printer, and i get a message asking me if i want to install a printer.

the driver is installed, i've checked that, and i've tried adding the same printer again in control panel but i get this message;

'operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running'

Is this some sort of port problem?

as i say, before the printer was working just fine and to my knowledge i haven't altered any settings

i'm running windows xp, with a dell colour printer 720.

grateful for any help

hetixo

after that type "sc config spooler depend= RPCSS" that exact way. make sure all of your spaces are right, etc.

hey,

thanks for the reply. I've since installed another printer. If i follow your instructions will i then interfere with my current printer settings?

It's kind of got to that point where i'd rather not meddle with it if it's going to complicate things now i have a working set up. However, i will no what to do if this happens again.

thanks again

hetixo

hey

thanks for the reply. If i follow those instructions will it interfere with my current printer settings? I've installed a different printer and I'm happy with the way everything is working at the moment.

However, i'll keep your instructions handy in case it happens again.

thanks

hetixo

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.