I am new here and hope to find an answer to my computer problem. I am Dutch, live in Germany and work with compuers for quite a while (home and work)
I have a big problem with my USB keyboerd that stopped working after a restart some days ago. Since then the keyboard does not work anymore.
My computer runs with Windows XP, SP2
I have so far tried all the classic tricks I could think of and ran out of ideas.
The funny thing is that the keyboard will function before windows starts.
Let me list all issues:
1) In BIOS the keys do work.
2) As soon as Windows starts the regular keys do not work anymore, however the special keys on top, s.a. Homepage, email, standby etc. continue to work (!)
3) I think it is NOT a USB problem, as my USB mouse has no problems.
4) Repairing XP (using R", NO re-installation) made no difference
5) The keyboard is recognized by Windows, and the drivers appear to be OK. Reinstalling te driver does not make a difference.
6) Changing keyboards made no difference either, same problem with the other keyboard
Hope somebody can give me a clue.
Thanks in advance