my computer says that i have low disc space by only having 11 mb available and need at least 200. i looked in my installed programs and i only have 3 programs that are 3-4 mb i clear some windows temporary files and more and no change! how do i clear more space for the computer?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Run the Disk CleanUp utility.
You can find it in Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools.

And perhaps you should remove any and all unused software, like toolbars and crap like that.
While you're at it, install and run SpyBot Search And Destroy. It will detect and remove any and most malware/spyware/crap-ware/tracking-cookies that has been installed both with or without your knowledge.

Have you saved music (is your iTunes set to sync to the PC as well as your iPod, as an example)?

Have you downloaded / saved any TV programs or do you have books for a Kindle or Nook?

Knowing your OS is important to answering this question. If you have XP, in example, you may be able to delete some of the uninstall directories related to Windows Update and gain space.

Speaking of ... have you looked in your downloads directory? Some people never check this and find multiple copies of every email attachment there.

Go and delete all items from temporary folder.
TYPE %TEMP% in run and delete all the file u see, it may help
empty ur recycle bin since it fomrs parts of the drive c:

Do you have more than one user on the machine (may the other user have a hidden folder?)

go to www.computerkolkata.com this is netprotector antivirus website
clisk on useful utilities and find the sysvol.exe file
download this approximate 256kb after download run this tool your system volume information now clean & increse HDD capacity 100%

If you have an extra hard drive, even if its not a large drive, you can plug it into your computer and configure Windows to move the pagefile to this other drive. This could release 1GB+ of space on the system drive.

In addition, having the pagefile on a seperate drive increases performance of the system.

well it seems you have alot of absurd things in your pc try to remove them first..

u can use cleanup pc softeare for cleaning junk, temp file.
& also try bad sector fix software

Check the dates, this thread has been dead for 8 months!!!

run cleanup sofware. use this u can remove unimportant files,temp file etc.
for this u can use this software "advanced windows care".

move files to another drive which is free,

try to transfer your important data to your drive d: all my documents and store music.. transfer it to your drive d: .. see if the disk is having improvement.

THAT PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED. FOLLOW THE STEPS
- GO TO CONTROL PANEL
- CLICK PERFORMANCE AND MAINTENANCE
- GO TO REARRANGE ITEMS ON YOUR HARD DISK TO MAKE PROGRAMMES RUN FASTER
- CHOOSE ALL DISKS AND CLICK DEFRAGEMENTS

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.