Being on a core i5 sandybridge mobile processor, I have the option to have dual core, hyperthreading, or both enabled. Which should be disabled to lengthen the battery life and still have decent performance?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think you'll find that if you focus on the display settings (brightness, and sleep after inactivity) as well as power settings for the hard drive, you'll have a lot of opportunity there to conserve battery life.

With regard to CPU, I would suggest you try the various configurations. I don't beleive that you'll find those options will make a noticeable impact on battery life.

Adjusting the CPU and memory speed downward will help a great deal. Depending upon your power settings, both Linux and Windows will do this for you automatically when on battery power.

power settings and display settings should have the soslution for the concerned problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.