Hello, My acer ZG5 is not working, when i press the power button the light (on the button) comes on for 2 seconds and then it turns off, there is nothing on the screen or any sound, i had the same problem yesterday but somehow it worked yesterday but today nothing is working, Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try unpluging your laptop charger from the wall (but leave it in your laptop) and hold the on button on your laptopn untill the light on the charger goes off. this should drian all power from your battery and the charger, once the light on the charger has gone off plug it back in again, wait for 60 at least seconds and try turning your laptopn on.

If the above doesn't work try taking the charger out of your laptop, taking battery out of the laptop, plug the charger (but not the battery) back in to the laptop and turning it on.

They are the things i tried with with my Dell when i had a similar propblem.

Try unpluging your laptop charger from the wall (but leave it in your laptop) and hold the on button on your laptopn untill the light on the charger goes off. this should drian all power from your battery and the charger, once the light on the charger has gone off plug it back in again, wait for 60 at least seconds and try turning your laptopn on.

actually it shoulb be remove the battery and the power plug ,hold in the power button to for 60sec drian all power from the motherboards capasitors ,and then connect it back up and try agian ,that the way it works in my neck of the woods anyway

yeah same here. remove battery and mains power source, hold power button for 1 minute. This drains all the power from the capacitors which stores up over time. If this doesnt work you probably have a problem with the PSU board inside the laptop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.