From 2 weeks back whenever i am pushing the button on. i am hearing cut-cut-cut sound from my cpu unable to recognize whether it is coming from mother board or hard disk n this continues for 5-8 minutesn then the power led is getting on but cpu fan starts working as soon as i push the button on.

n after that system is not booting properly whenever it starts to boot it get re-start, after 5-6 time of re-start it says that window was not able to start beacause there was a change in
hardware configurations but i did not change any hardware configuration in my pc. it ask whether to start windows normally or the other options n i select normal window to start up n then it gets normal boot up n system works perfectly no problems while running games n other operations

i tried selecting option to start windows with best recent configuration but still i am facing the same problem n now from 2-3 days back my system is getting automatically restart after system is on for 4-5 hours.

i have bought my own pc in 2004 november n hd never problem in it but i observe that whenever i use to turn on my pc it takes 5-10 seconds n then the power led gets on n then some movement is observed in pc like cpu fans starts n all the other functions but in other systems like my frends pc or systems in my college they get started witout taking any time like as i push the on button the cpu fan get started and all the other functions...

plz help me what should i do

i am sorry my english is not good n above that i had written a lot of words too but i just want that my problem to be understand by anyone who reads it

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This needs professional help.

It could just need cleaning out of dust that is shorting the motherboard; it could be the power supply unit is failing; it could be a capacitor or two blown on the motherboard.

If you know how to do this stuff, fine - but I think you need physical help with this. And before you irretrievably damage your syste,

Youe English is fine.

This needs professional help.

It could just need cleaning out of dust that is shorting the motherboard; it could be the power supply unit is failing; it could be a capacitor or two blown on the motherboard.

If you know how to do this stuff, fine - but I think you need physical help with this. And before you irretrievably damage your syste,

Youe English is fine.

thanks for complementing my english

but here i am hearing clunk-clunk sound when i am turning on my system for 5-8 min n then it stop, it only happens when i start my computer n then it keeps on booting for 4-5 times i mean keeps restarting n then it will say
sorry for inconvinience windows was not able to start becaz change in congiguration .
i am actually worried about that voice comming from had disk

this may sound silly, but it works. get a long skinny screwdriver (at least a foot long), you can rest the tip of the screwdriver on the component you believe to be making the noise and place your ear on end of the screwdrivers handle. if that component is making noise, the screwdriver will act like a stethoscope and amplify the sound. i'm a mechanic and i've been using this "backyard" trick to pinpoint engine noise for years. just be carefull where you place the tip of that screwdriver, don't touch the mobo while the power is pluged in!

but, from your intial description, it sounds like the psu would be a good place to start component testing.

I've used that screwdriver trick on the outside of an electrical device.

That's two of us that think there is a power issue dragging equipment on and aff.

Thank u guys , mr Suspishio n mr madoverclocker u were right my power supply unit got failed...

i have first clean the dust , then i have checked my hard disk it was also fine n then i tried the trick of screw driver to recognize the sound ..but i dint find any component damage

the sound was coming from cmos area of motherboard (the part in which battery is there for the time purpose) n i have to set the time every time when i turn ON my computer n then my system got restarted without any reasons

Finally when i checked my system with my frends PSU it was working normal nothing was wrong ... everything got normal n there was no sound n my system did not take any time to turn ON..

thank u guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.