What is the Newest and Best drivers for
ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE motherboard?

I downloaded NVIDIA Unified Driver for Windows XP.
(Version: 5.10 Release Date: September 17, 2004 )
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10.html
Select nFORCE PLATFORM and nFORCE 2
I installed NVIDIA Unified Driver
and the following drivers where installed.
Audio driver 4.42 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 4.44
Ethernet driver 4.42 (WHQL)
GART driver 4.36 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 4.04 (WHQL)
Installer 4.46
IDE NVIDIA driver 4.46 (WHQL)

I have a ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE motherboard
with Windows XP pro installed.
The motherboard has a NVIDIA nForce2 chipset.

Is the NVIDIA Unified Driver(Version: 5.10)
Newest and Best drivers for
ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE motherboard?
Is NVIDIA Unified Driver the correct driver
for my system?
Thank You
Bob Whitman
xboomerx@yahoo.com

Hi xboomerx,

I have the same model ASUS motherboard with the nVidia chipset. Drivers from nVidia website caused all manner of instability problems, while latest ASUS drivers work very well. I had only gone to nVidia for drivers while rebuilding WinXP and the ASUS website was down or overloaded. Time of day seems to make a considerable difference in accessing ASUS.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

The ASUS website can be rather slow access from US (they may have fixed this by now), and the installation can be a bit confusing. Just start with the Unified Driver, then add the others.

BEWARE - Windoze Update wants to replace the ASUS drivers. My experience with M$-supplied drivers has -NEVER- been good, and I recommend avoiding M$ drivers. I do recommend regular updating of WinXP critical and security updates to keep your computer safe and secure.

Hope this helps! If you need more info, PM me. I love this board and would be glad to help you find the same joy it brings me. It seems to work as well in Linux as it does in WinXP - I'm making the switch to an operating system which actually OPERATES, and dumping the Redmond crapware.

--tb01

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.