habanerokid 0 Newbie Poster

About 6 monthes ago I got my Thinkpad x20 off Ebay and I already had a windows 2000 disk and product code off the laptop. I couldn't find any sound drivers anywhere. I bought a cd off a seller on ebay who said he had all the drivers on one cd and so I bought it. I tried it and it didn't work. Well 6 monthes later and much looking I found the driver directly from IBM. tried that and it didn't work either. I literally gave it up. I then tried to run the CD again and lo and behold the same driver that I got IBM was the same as on the CD. I stuck my disk into the cd rom. I openned the fold for the x20 drivers and found the sound driver. and ran the installation OFF THE CD. Bingo it took. Now I got sound. I found out that what I did wrong was just try to move the driver to my cd driver drivers foler and thot it would work. WRONG. well now my system works like brand new and I am loving it. my addie is realhotpppr@aol if you want any help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.