Hello, I need help with plugging in these cables in a ASUS P4S800D-X motherboard:

power (black cable)
power (purple cable)
D2+ (red cable)
D2- (brown cable)
D3+ (green cable)
D3- (blue cable)
ground (orange cable)
ground (yellow cable)

I don't know where these cables go in this motherboard and they apparently come from the power on button of my chasis. If anyone knows where they go, please help me out. Thank you :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello, I need help with plugging in these cables in a ASUS P4S800D-X motherboard:

power (black cable)
power (purple cable)
D2+ (red cable)
D2- (brown cable)
D3+ (green cable)
D3- (blue cable)
ground (orange cable)
ground (yellow cable)

I don't know where these cables go in this motherboard and they apparently come from the power on button of my chasis. If anyone knows where they go, please help me out. Thank you :sad:

As every motherboard is seamingly different in this regard, consult your motherboard's manual. Theyalmost always will give you this information.

As every motherboard is seamingly different in this regard, consult your motherboard's manual. Theyalmost always will give you this information.

Yes, I did do that put they only gave me information on where to plug in the Power SW, Power Led, Reset SW, Speaker, and HDD cables. Which I did, but somehow I can get my computer to turn on because I need to plug the cables that I listed, but I don't know where they go.

What case did you buy?

What case did you buy?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what kind of case I have :-|

Which cables did you plug in already? does your computer have usb ports on the front, and audio too?

WHat it sounds like though is the two power ones should be pluged into the power part of the board as listed in the manual, and the D2/D3 are possibly the cables for the hard drive activity light and the power light. Grounds are just grounded. Do you have any where in the manual that states where these might go? They may call them a little bit different so use some judgement to see if it is what they are looking for.

Which cables did you plug in already? does your computer have usb ports on the front, and audio too?

WHat it sounds like though is the two power ones should be pluged into the power part of the board as listed in the manual, and the D2/D3 are possibly the cables for the hard drive activity light and the power light. Grounds are just grounded. Do you have any where in the manual that states where these might go? They may call them a little bit different so use some judgement to see if it is what they are looking for.

No, it doesn't have audio nor USB in the front, just the power on panel. I've plugged in the Power SW, Power Led, Reset SW, Speaker, and HDD cables. My computer still doesn't turn when I push the power on button even though I've plugged in the Power SW, Power Led, Reset SW, Speaker, and HDD cables. I believe I plugged them in correctly because I followed waht the manual suggested. Although, since my computer won't turn on, I need to plug in the other cables, which are:

power (black cable)
power (purple cable)
D2+ (red cable)
D2- (brown cable)
D3+ (green cable)
D3- (blue cable)
ground (orange cable)
ground (yellow cable)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.