I've had this cable in a drawer for years, and I've never known what it is. Does anybody know what this cable is, or what it goes to?

What is this cable?

Mystery Cable

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Not any sort of cable I've ever seen, could it be some kind of proprietary cable from a printer or some kind of camera or something?

It appears that one of those is a USB, but it might just be the photograph?

Could that be a printer cable?

Yeah it does resemble a USB cable. It reminds me of a firewire cable. If it's a printer cable, I wonder what it would be used for, seeing as both sides are identical. It would have to plug into two of the same devices... Printer-to-printer sync cable!

One end is a usb device end. The others look like fire-wire ends. So, my guess is that it is a usb+fire-wire cable, capable of making a fire-wire to fire-wire device, or fire-wire to usb device connection. It definitely does not look like a USB to fire-wire cable, on the other hand. IE, it should work to connect an Apple system to a USB device (printer, drive, etc), or Apple to other fire-wire device.

Yeah that would make sense. Hmm now to find a use for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.