Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000. It has stopped showing any image. It worked fine when I connected it to an external monitor. I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies. Can anyone tell me procedures on how I can test it. I checked the connections and all seems fine.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could be that your laptop configured itself to display on external monitor only. That happened to me while back.
What you want to do is plug the monitor in (plug&play, baby) and right-click on your desktop (empty space), select properties, then click on settings tab. There you'll see an illustration of two displays. One will be greyed out. That's the laptop display. Under that image you will see somthing like "primary display..." or "secondary display..." or "(name of the monitor) on (name of the VGA)click on it and change to the other one.

Post the results, please.

No. It's not configured to run only on an external monitor. I was using it when the screen went dead.

I was using it when the screen went dead.

Maybe it went dead (the LCD display).
You should have it repaird.
There is nothing you can do about it, unless you're licenced electronitian.

Sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.