The other night I was on my laptop (Gateway NV57H20u) playing a game and it was about to die so I plugged in the charger and it shut off shortly after. The laptop was working completely fine before hand and now it won't even turn on. There are also no lights on when I've got it plugged into the charger like there usually are when charging.

I've tried unplugging the power supply and taking the battery out and holding the power button for 30 seconds and then plugging in the power supply and battery. I've also tried just letting it sit to see if it would hold a charge and nothing happened.

Any help would be appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

I would say check your charger or if anybody you know has a gateway with the same charger try it on your laptop. Most chargers have a light on the charger that shows they are working and a light on the laptop that shows they are charging. If the charger is on and someone elses charger will not charge your laptop then you will need to take it in and have the charger port checked. They get broken a lot when people hit the plug in the side of the computer when they are plugged in.

I tried it with another charger that I know works and no luck. I was literally sitting still on the couch when it turned off, and it was charging fine before it turned off. Once it turned off, it was just dead and wouldn't charge or anything.

Member Avatar for Dukane

Try taking out the battery, and try to use the computer on the power cord only.

I've tried that aswell

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.