I think my computer has a virus; when I turn it on it has the options to start on normal, safe mode, safe with networking, or last known good configuration, etc. But no matter which option I try, when it gets to the loading screen, the loading doesn't stop, it never gets to the desktop.
Do you know of any website where I can download a repair or recovery or formatting disk from another computer? Or if anybody knows any other way to fix this I'd really appreciate your help.
It's a laptop Panasonic "CF-52 personal computer" with windows vista.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lolafuertes

Do you know of any website where I can download a repair or recovery or formatting disk from another computer?

If you want something like that then perhaps you should tell us which of the many versions of windows you have!

Usually when you buy a PC, a bootable recovery disk exist, or can be created after the automatic installation process.

If you have not it, you can ask to the manufacturer for a recovery disk and boot from it, then use the recovery option.

In many cases, this happens if the registry files, or paging one, is(are) heavely damaged, possibly due to a phisical error on startup disk.

A low cost verification is to move your startup disk to any other PC having compatible disk connectios, and verify it using the chkdsk command with the /R parameter to recover bad sectors give a clue on the possible failure of the disk. Also you can check it for any virus there.

Hope this helps.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.