Here's my story: when I went to restart my computer, I accidentally kicked out the cord that connected my moniter (LCD) to the computer. It did this quick flash, turned the display red, then restarted. When I replugged the cord back and once it had finish restarting, the display had this reddish color. The whites turned to pink and some other colors werent coming up correctly (IE: Green is nonexistant). So I tried restarting, going into my settings and everything and none of that worked. So I thought maybe it was my moniter, and I went and got my other moniter (the big.. bulky glass ones @.@) and hooked that up. I had the same problem. I know that this has been discussed before, and even happened in other colors like green, but the advice there were basically like "change the moniter" or something, which I did. So I dont think its really the moniter's problem. If anyone knows any other reason why it happened and what I can do to fix it, I'd GREATLY appreiciate it if you could help me out! Also, I read that the greenish display eventually goes away after waiting a while, is this the same with the reddish display?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Here's my story: when I went to restart my computer, I accidentally kicked out the cord that connected my moniter (LCD) to the computer. It did this quick flash, turned the display red, then restarted. When I replugged the cord back and once it had finish restarting, the display had this reddish color.

It looks like you have damaged your video card, and the green output has been pulled loose inside. If you apply enough force to a video connector (easy to do with a bulky, stiff monitor cable), you can tear loose a solder joint or break a trace (the printed-circuit board eqivalent of a wire). If you have a friend who is handy with a soldering iron, have him (or her) take a look at it--it may be fixable. A shop may charge more than the repair is worth to you, unless you have an ongoing relationship with one and they fix it cheaply for you. The bottom line: it may be repairable, but unless you do the repair yourself, it will cost you.

well see the thing is, my cable could be detached from my LCD moniter, so then I kicked it, i actually popped it out on the moniter side (and i didnt screw the screws in that kept the cable in the moniter) so it was actually really easy to pop out. Its not the first time I've done it either -.-
so.. would it still be something with the video card or.. something else?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.