Greetings to all -- I have a Compaq 6515b notebook that boots, runs fine.
However, when I shutdown, the display remains in a dim, black screen state when using the charger. If on battery, this does not happen. If I replug the charger back in, the notebook will boot immediately - - no need to use the power switch. There are also BIOS issues where the notebook is not holding dates and resets itself back to 1980, even after I have changed the battery. I have tried adjusting the power settings with no success. There is a very minor chip in the LCD power connector to the motherboard on its edge, but all fingers within the connector are intact. I did observe some oxidation in the power switch area of the the mb which I cleaned up. Any thoughts - - or am I dealing with a dying motherboard?