Hi,
I have an HP a705w with onboard Video I bought an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI, when i install the card and boot the computer up it doesn't even go into the boot sequence. Onboard drivers have been uninstalled, have verified I have more than enough power (400w power supply). I'm not getting any type of error message or beeps, screen just black like the computer has not even been turned on. Please help dazed & confused here.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You didn't mention that you disabled onboard video in the bios you might check that, and there are some HP-Compaq, Enachines etc... (OEM computers) that 'auto' disable. Sounds like yours needs it disabled in the bios. 400W is more than enough for a 9250 BTW. Also check that the new card is firmly seated on the slot (reseat it).

Hi,
I have an HP a705w with onboard Video I bought an ATI Radeon 9250 PCI, when i install the card and boot the computer up it doesn't even go into the boot sequence. Onboard drivers have been uninstalled, have verified I have more than enough power (400w power supply). I'm not getting any type of error message or beeps, screen just black like the computer has not even been turned on. Please help dazed & confused here.

I Just went through this with my nvidia gforce 4000 card,
what i had to do was before i plugged monitor into the card i had to go into bios and switch it over there first then shutdown and plug monitor into new card and turn on machine then my video posted. try that buddy.

I Just went through this with my nvidia gforce 4000 card,
what i had to do was before i plugged monitor into the card i had to go into bios and switch it over there first then shutdown and plug monitor into new card and turn on machine then my video posted. try that buddy.

dude i just spent 1 hour on the phone with HP these guys are unbelievable stupid. they 1st told me it wasnt possible to load up 2 monitors

i got the same exact video card you installed and it keeps fucking disabling the on board video card and loading up the new one. i need to get both to work.

anyway tell me more details what you did in bios? i went into bios & setup, i couldn't find any video card options?!?!?!

help get back, im desperate! im gonna return this beautiful HP tomorrow if i dont figure this out

dude i just spent 1 hour on the phone with HP these guys are unbelievable stupid. they 1st told me it wasnt possible to load up 2 monitors

i got the same exact video card you installed and it keeps fucking disabling the on board video card and loading up the new one. i need to get both to work.

anyway tell me more details what you did in bios? i went into bios & setup, i couldn't find any video card options?!?!?!

help get back, im desperate! im gonna return this beautiful HP tomorrow if i dont figure this out

I think HP techsupport is right ,the way you are trying to do it ,i have never see unboard video and addin video card running together ,your new addin card needs to have dual vga connections to have two monitors

I think HP techsupport is right ,the way you are trying to do it ,i have never see unboard video and addin video card running together ,your new addin card needs to have dual vga connections to have two monitors

you obviously dont know much about this kind of stuff

i have a 4 year old compaq which i used to do this on. also i have friends that do the same thing, and add up to 3 - 4 monitors in some cases (3-4 video cards)

i could have either 1 video card with dual VGA ports (i cant find any, anywhere), or 2 single VGA cards (like i do now)

you obviously dont know much about this kind of stuff

you maybe right !!lol after reading a bit it seems you are right ,i don't know jack !!!

i could have either 1 video card with dual VGA ports (i cant find any, anywhere), or 2 single VGA cards (like i do now)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/sys/444034536.html

id buy this but i dont live in LA area

<--- DC metro

try this one they ship all over the world ,and i have bought thousands of dollars worth the stuff from them they are great to deal with .
http://www.vfxweb.com/index.php?productid=7855

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.