I got a Compaq desktop seems to be working except for the monitor keeps giving error message that says VGA no signal. please help but try to keep simple
A few things you could try:
- Restarting your computer because, strangely enough, simply turning it off and on again seems to be the answer most of the time.
- Making sure the VGA cable is fully plugged in on both ports (the one on your computer and the one on the monitor) and is fully screwed in on both.
- Bringing up the hardware settings menu using the buttons on the side and check to make sure that the mode/input or other similar setting is set to PC (Tends to cause problems on TV/monitor hybrids).
If none of these work, you can also try (more complicated):
- Using a different cable or using a loopback plug (if you have one) to test the cable.
- Testing to see if another monitor works.
- Watching the post lights after you restart your computer to see if any don't come on, then google possible problems based on which ones don't (on a separate device).
- Opening the bios settings and going through the video/graphics settings to see if anything looks fishy.
I hope one of these is the solution to your problem, and I will check back for your response to see if there's anything else I can do to help.
Edited by John_81: Said "A couple" at the top, then gave a list of three instead of two. Shame on me.
Are you getting any beeps at boot-up? normally 3 beeps or 1 beep then 2 short beeps, if yes its normaly your graphics card, maybe unseated or past its sell by date, check your cables to the monitor and computer as well. could be that simple, try and use a friends or families screen to see if you get the same reaction