I have inspiron 8000 & the screen went blank.

It works with a crt monitor but it wont work on the laptop monitor.

I just noticed a activity on the laptop monitor but its really dark.

Do I need the lcd screeen or the inverter??

Anybody know where I can get a cheap part that needs to be replaced??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have inspiron 8000 & the screen went blank.

It works with a crt monitor but it wont work on the laptop monitor.

I just noticed a activity on the laptop monitor but its really dark.

Do I need the lcd screeen or the inverter??

Anybody know where I can get a cheap part that needs to be replaced??

It is likely just the inverter that produces the backlighting. I have found though that sometimes if you take the screen and rotate it as far down as it can go (so the laptop is completly flat) it sometimes will come back on. If that doesnt work, open it up a little and make sure your connections are all good from the video card to the lcd pannel. If everything checks out good and you still arent getting a bright screen, i would recomend just buying the whole unit new (it is much easier). You could probably find a new or referbished unit on ebay for not to much money as that is a common laptop model. Just make sure you get the one specific for your model.

I should get a new computer but if i can i do want to salvage this laptop. Do you think its just the inverter??
i can very vaguely see the background.

i thought i had to replace the whole monitor.

No, by a whole new unit, i meant the whole screen (lcd, inverter, cables etc all together already).

No, by a whole new unit, i meant the whole screen (lcd, inverter, cables etc all together already).

I cant seem to find the monitor at a reasonable price.
they are all over $200.

know any place that will sell that lcd monitor cheap??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.