Hi there, I'm new to the site, but my problem is my monitor is also fuzzy, I was running true-clour in 1024 X 768 in Win 98 SE and until two days ago it was running fine. I installed a game from a cereal box for my little brother thinking that nothing could go wrong from it. It asked me to install Direct X 9 (I had Direct X 8.1) and thats where my problem began. I uninstalled the game (a promotional Cars - as in the movie - game) but my display remained fuzzy. I can't find a System Restore button and don't know what to do.
I swapped the monitor with the my Win XP PC (which was running the same res and true-colour) but it would only run in 640 X 480 in 16 bit colour mode. I can change the res, but then my colour goes down and if i change my colour my res goes down. It was fine on XP but not 98 SE?! ANY help would be appreciated, I'm not online with that PC so the chance of viruses on it are quite low.
Thanks alot, Adam255

Hi there, I'm new to the site, but my problem is my monitor is also fuzzy, I was running true-clour in 1024 X 768 in Win 98 SE and until two days ago it was running fine. I installed a game from a cereal box for my little brother thinking that nothing could go wrong from it. It asked me to install Direct X 9 (I had Direct X 8.1) and thats where my problem began. I uninstalled the game (a promotional Cars - as in the movie - game) but my display remained fuzzy. I can't find a System Restore button and don't know what to do.
I swapped the monitor with the my Win XP PC (which was running the same res and true-colour) but it would only run in 640 X 480 in 16 bit colour mode. I can change the res, but then my colour goes down and if i change my colour my res goes down. It was fine on XP but not 98 SE?! ANY help would be appreciated, I'm not online with that PC so the chance of viruses on it are quite low.
Thanks alot, Adam255

Hi, just thought you should know that the monitor that has the problem is a Dell Trinitron CRT monitor. If you can help, it gets my dad off my back so that would be cool. I heard that i might have to reinstall the drivers to my mother board and/or graphics processor. Any ideas? Thanks guys, Adam

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.