reflection571 0 Newbie Poster

After installing updates by pc kept freezing up and restarting on its own only to freeze at the loging window
Tried starting on safe mode to restore before updates, last good configuration etc only to have keyboard and mouse lock up screen goes blank and restart yet again,
Now I have to unplug the pc in order to shut it off.
Also inserted my recovery disks but the pc does not seem to read it all Ive been getting is a blank screen on my monitor. Power light is on but the keyboard and mouse light turn on then shut off.
Now When I unplug the pc power light stay on for about a minute and then finally shuts off (This is weird. )
Replugged pc , pc seems to be on as the power light is on but all i have is a black screen. I checked all by connections and all are properly plugged in .. PLEAS HELP!!!!I have important info that I foolishly did not have a chance to back up yet. And this is another thing ive talked to a few people who said I need to back up my files before doing anything. How can I back up anything if I cant get the pc to start..UGH! anyway this pc is a emachine T1150 windows xp. and I do not have the original xp disk I do however have the two recovery disks and the recovery disks for the antivirus software installed on the pc. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciate thanks .