hey guys,
my problem is weird and maybe many of ull havnt experienced it before.
I was using Windows XP Professional on an LCD Monitor with a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller as the driver installed. Im using an HIS motherboard.

The problem started when I needed to switch to a CRT monitor. The PC refuses to boot beyond the WINDOWS XP screen.

I have tried a million things. If i uninstall the Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller then it loads fine. But as soon as i reinstall it, the same problem persists.
those are the only drivers I have. The PC automatically detects the new monitor and automatically installs the driver but still the monitor blacks out after the Windows XP screen.

Please help me out guys coz I dont have access to any other computer or the LCD monitor.

Thanks.

sounds to me like you need to set it so your new video card is set to the main monitor... if yer installing a new graphics card it may want to have it so you can hook up two monitors i cant really explain what im talking about because i dunno wat it is ;P but ill be willing to bet if you look at the settings youd find that its set up to work with 2 monitors but i dunno im just a newb... take a look at it tho and you can figure it out =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.