Ok Here is a toughie.

Just yesterday i installed Reservoir Dogs for the PC onto the computer and all went well. I started up the game and everything going well until on second level the computer receives a blue screen with STOP : 00000000...i dont remember the command alltogether. It also said something about shaders and all that weird stuff i know not of. So i later changed the video settings to 800 * 600 res, shaders off, and 24 bit for one of the options and VOILA! the blue screen then computer restarted itself!

After this a new problem developed. The computer wouldnt boot up. It would load so far in "Normal Mode" then on the windows loading screen would get a blue screen and restart.
SO i try safe mode...this time it just restarts without any blue screen.
I then turn it off by power button and turn it back on....much to my frustration the computer would have power inside (all fans working, lights on on HDD on case and it looks as if its loading windows normally....well when i say looks i mean SOUNDS!

As the problem now is the monitor goes into power saving mode and the keyboard has no power to it aswell as my mouse which is a lazer mouse logitech g5. no lights are on it. Wireless card, the light is not on at the back either.

So it seems there is power inside but everything connected to the back of the computer is not being recognized or something strange.

I would appreciate all help possible!!! i am at my wits end :mad:

spec intel P4 3 gig
80 gig harddrive
geforce 6600 256 meg graphics card
1.5 gig of ram
creative x-fi fatality sound card
dvd drive
cdrw
17inch LG tft monitor
Belkin wireless adapter

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i should add i have a new power supply i got a couple of weeks ago after the old one died...the new one is only a £15 450 watt cheap one.

the old one was a 400 watt

i am feeling your pain, i have 2 computers that i am experiencing the same problem with. so i decide to purchase a video card because there was nothing showing on the monitor. only to discover is was not a viodeo problem. i then realized after reading your post that i did change both power supplies.. .. so therfore i beleive the Mo borads are fried. one of the computer was a dell and the power supply did go bad. the owner bought a new one but at a bit hiigher wattage. the other was a clone but the power came from a old dell.

:o well thats really sucks

Ok Here is a toughie.

Just yesterday i installed Reservoir Dogs for the PC onto the computer and all went well. I started up the game and everything going well until on second level the computer receives a blue screen with STOP : 00000000...i dont remember the command alltogether. It also said something about shaders and all that weird stuff i know not of. So i later changed the video settings to 800 * 600 res, shaders off, and 24 bit for one of the options and VOILA! the blue screen then computer restarted itself!

After this a new problem developed. The computer wouldnt boot up. It would load so far in "Normal Mode" then on the windows loading screen would get a blue screen and restart.
SO i try safe mode...this time it just restarts without any blue screen.
I then turn it off by power button and turn it back on....much to my frustration the computer would have power inside (all fans working, lights on on HDD on case and it looks as if its loading windows normally....well when i say looks i mean SOUNDS!

As the problem now is the monitor goes into power saving mode and the keyboard has no power to it aswell as my mouse which is a lazer mouse logitech g5. no lights are on it. Wireless card, the light is not on at the back either.

So it seems there is power inside but everything connected to the back of the computer is not being recognized or something strange.

I would appreciate all help possible!!! i am at my wits end :mad:

spec intel P4 3 gig
80 gig harddrive
geforce 6600 256 meg graphics card
1.5 gig of ram
creative x-fi fatality sound card
dvd drive
cdrw
17inch LG tft monitor
Belkin wireless adapter

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.