I have just blown my 4th monitor in 4 years.
The first one (came with the computer) blew in 2 weeks. The replacement blew in a few months. The third one was from a different manufactuer and lasted a little over 1 year. the fourth one was from another manufactuer and lasted about 2 years. I used the monitors in different locations aka different apartments... so, I'm guessing that it isn't the electrical wiring in my house (and I have a surge/power strip and it's grounded) The only thing that these monitors had in common is the HP pavilion PC that I hooked them up to. Any thoughts?