I BAUGHT A LAPTOP FOR CHEAP BUT IT WONT LOAD WITHOUT A
ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD, HOW DO I CHANGE,OR FIX IT?:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

is it administrator password for the laptop itself or for the OS?? some additional info on the brand, model, OS, or anything you can provide will give those who want to help a better understanding of the problem that you are having...

Considering you are using the name 'administrator' most likly this is a windows NT/2k/xp machine as those are the only Operating systems that use that name specificly. You can download a bootdisk to change this password from:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

** WARNING - Do Not do the following unless you are an experienced hardware person **
If you are refering to the bios password, If you are careful you can take out the battery and open the laptop and remove/reinsert the bios battery, however I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have taken a laptop apart before.

** End Warning **

Considering you are using the name 'administrator' most likly this is a windows NT/2k/xp machine as those are the only Operating systems that use that name specificly. You can download a bootdisk to change this password from:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

You can do this if you need the applications installed with the laptop. But according to you, you bought the laptop second hand.... I suggest you do a full and clean install of the OS of your choice. This will rid you of any existing problems, if there are any, and spare you the headache of changing the password...

** WARNING - Do Not do the following unless you are an experienced hardware person **
If you are refering to the bios password, If you are careful you can take out the battery and open the laptop and remove/reinsert the bios battery, however I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have taken a laptop apart before.
** End Warning **

True, if this is the bios password. you can only solve this by taking the battery out for a few minutes or so for the bios to reset then a checksum error will occur ridding the computer of any existing bios passwords...

But still, if the password is in the OS, I suggest a clean, full install... since this is a newly bought second hand laptop...

Hello,

If I were you, I would format the drive clean, and re-install the software from scratch. That way, you know what versions you have installed, and are sure that you are properly licensed. Also, there could be hidden spyware/bugs on the laptop, or perhaps confidential files.

Format and start clean. It may take you a little work, but it is far best in the long run.

Christian

i just bought a laptop second but i cant use it coz it wants a password....and when i enter aome figuers it says...PASSWORD HINT:mark

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.