I have an Inspiron 3800 that I bought a while back and hadnt done anything to upgrade it since I bought it. I recently bought a bigger hard drive and more ram. I also installed XP Home. I now want to replace my old 600MHz Celeron processor with a faster one, but i dont know where to even begin the process. Where do i find out which processors will work in my laptop? I know how to get the one i have now out, but what do I buy to replace it? Do I get just the chip or the whole board the chip is mounted on. Please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: You really can't. Basically, you can try to order a processor from Dell, but I doubt they'd have one for a system that old. You've probably upgraded it as high as you can-- the processor on that system is built into a proprietary board, and that processor was the highest one offered on that model.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks a lot for letting me know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.