I have been thinking about getting some upgrades for my computer. But I dont know what i should get. I play a lot of games on and offline so I cant just get cheap old upgrades. please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

RAM is the most important and so is graphics card
I play BF2 on all medium settings at 1024x768 on 1gb ram, 3ghz cpu, 256m GFX card

Depends on what game you wish to play, and how much you are looking to blow on a new system. I recently upgraded to Athlon 3800 X2, I got a foxconn AM2 mobo with the 590 SLI MCP chipset, 2 GB of DDR800, a 7950GTOC, a 250 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps HD, 520 watt PS, Full Tower ATX case (temps are awesome! 48C on vid card, 30-32C on processor and board!) And an upgraded CPU fan, for about 1200 bucks. If you built a 939 system it would cost about 700-900 bucks depending on the config. It's all about how much you want to spend and what you want. Pentium D systems (those 4 ghz setups) cost about as much as an AMD 939 setup, so it's all about close. (Leave the Conroe out of this, that thing would cost about 200 bucks more than my setup. =D)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.