first I'm new here i joined out of desperation i have totally ran out of ideas on this one.

just put together new system all fans come on lights everything. no display then everything got real bright then turned off and would not turn back on. checked the psu and it was set to 220 could this have fried the mother board or what the hell this has been a real long and agonizing process with this damn system and i have about had it with it.

also, old system will shut down during certain processes like burning DVDs and running some programs what the hell causes this?

You say you set the voltage selector to 220 Volts. What's the voltage you get at the wall outlet? You could try getting a new PSU to check if the board is fine. You also said that everything got real bright. Was this on the screen or was there a bright flash? If it's the latter, it's possible that your board shorted out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.